Want to know the girl behind Kailey Marie Photography? For starters, I'm a recent bride myself! I was just married on Oct. 7th 2017 to my amazing husband James. We live in Cleveland with our chubby cat Rambo. I discovered my passion for photography in college at Kent State, where I majored in Crafts. Yes, that is a real major and it was amazing. I was able to learn glass blowing, weaving, painting, ceramics, jewelry making, drawing, photography, and pretty much anything that had to do with art or creativity. It was when I started my photography class that I really fell in love with the feeling of creating a moment, perfect or imperfect. I thrived on always challenging myself to create something "better" each time. What many people don't realize is that as a photographer, you're ALWAYS learning. You're pushing yourself to continue to create a 'better" image each time you pick up the camera. As you grow as a photographer, you realize that you're learning not only for yourself but for your clients, your business, your future, and your dreams. I've learned a lot since I started Kailey Marie Photography and am passionate about continuing to learn to give my clients the best experience and best work I possibly can - to give them photos that make them shriek with happiness, cry tears of joy, or see themselves looking more confident and more beautiful (or handsome) than they've ever felt; and to give them peace of mind in knowing they'll have beautiful memories to savor and pass through generations to come.
1. I want to travel everywhere - with my husband, my friends and my family. I possess a never-ending desire for adventure.
2. I love music. I love listening to music and singing horribly to it in the car and shower. I love going to concerts. I LOVE dancing to it.
3. If I wasn't a photographer, I'd love to be a fashion stylist. I follow fashion bloggers, trends and truly love helping people pick out clothes that help them look their best. I truly believe I could dress someone else 100x better than I could dress myself.
4. New Girl is one of my favorite shows, and it's so hard to pick a favorite character between Jess's cheerfulness, Nick's panic moonwalking, Schmidt's mispronunciations of common words and Winston's giggling. If I had to pick, I'd say I'm most like Winston - we're both awkward, goofy, and love our cats a little too much.
5. Ice cream and smoothies are my weakness. I purposely don't keep them in my house because in all honesty, it'd be gone in 1-2 days. My favorite flavor is mint cookies and cream and my favorite ice cream shop is a tie between Mason's Creamery and Mitchell's.
" i choose you knowing there are still trails we must travel knowing there are mountains left to climb, i choose you to always be by my side."
-tyler kent white
Back to portfolio
I live for those in-between, candid moments & all of the tiny details that make a wedding the beautiful celebration it is. It's the awkward laughs, full on giggles, nose kisses, happy tears, never ending hugs & grandma's hip dance moves that you'll never want to forget. I believe my clients not only deserve a wedding photographer, but also a friend, planner, dress holder, & all-day supporter. My clients are happy, easy going, & fun-loving adventurers. If I've just described you, fill out my contact form or send me an email with a few details about yourself & any questions you might have! I love hearing couples' stories & all the details they are excited about for their special day. As a recent bride myself, I understand the amount of work, effort & heart that goes into planning a wedding. I want to help in any way I can. So if you need a second opinion, vendor suggestions or just a friend to meet with over coffee/tea (or even a few glasses of wine), I'm your girl! But most of all, I honestly, passionately love what I do & can't wait to start this journey with you.